It is not debatable to say that toys are beneficial for children. They are not only entertainment but also medium for learning and growing up. As children growing up, they need toys which can match to their stage development as well as emerging abilities. Buying toys are not obligation since parents can make or use safe materials at home as toys. Traditional toys are made of natural resources such as wood, leaves, fruit skin, etc. but they still provide the same purpose. However, the technology keep developing and advancing from time to time http://220.127.116.11. It influences the development of toys as well. Thus, it is so easy to find high-tech toys today in the toy store.
Choosing toys by age is highly recommended to match their stage of development and abilities. Thus, choosing the type of toy will become easier as well. However, it is also important to remember that every individual develop different pace in their development. Here are tips to choose the right toys by age:
- Babies still have many limits in their abilities but this is where they are easily fascinated by colors and sounds. They like looking at faces and sensing something by putting everything in their mouth. The right toys for babies and young infants are toys that will be easily reached, sucked, shaken, and squeezed. Texture balls, rattles, vinyl can be good recommendation.
- Older babies in their early age like moving by rolling, scooting, creeping, bouncing, etc. Their abilities keep developing even they can recognize their name and common words. Recommended toys for children in this age are baby dolls, vehicle made of plastic or wood material, water toys, blocks, nesting toys, etc.
- Children in their early age especially when they reach 1 year old can walk and climb. They also start rambling many words. Recommended toys for children in this age are boar books, toy phone, dolls, stuffed toys, cardboard, puzzles, balls, plastic or wooden vehicles, safe coloring tool, etc.
- Toddlers can learn language quick as well as do physical things. They also start learning to control their body. Recommended toys are wood puzzles, blocks, non-toxic and washable crayons, picture books, large balls, etc.
- Preschoolers and kindergarteners like talking and experimenting. They have developed many skills and able to socialize. Recommended toys for them are counting bears, puzzles, transportation toys, dolls with accessories, finger-paint, play dough, tambourine, picture books, tricycle, etc.