Toys are not new for human. In fact, toys are not only for human but even animals use toys for playing. The main purpose of toys is for play companion. However, toys have greater role that just for playing. There are benefits of using toys for children. Besides, toys are designed in various shape, model, color, size, etc. They are also made of different materials depend on the type of the toys. Toys are not always sophisticated or high-developed. They change from time to time. In the past, toys were made from natural resources. Today, mostly toys are made of synthetic materials like plastics.
Development of toys from time to time
The first type of toys is in a form of doll. Even though toys are not only for children but also adults, they tend to be related to children more. The origin of ‘toy’ is still unknown until today. However, it is believed that the use of toys was started in the 14th Century. The oldest toy is a doll predicted to be 4.000 years old. The toys keep changing from time to time. However, the golden era of toys was in the 20th Century. Before, toys were only made for high-social class. However, even working-class families could afford toys in the 20th Century.
The market had been widespread at the time. When the Second World War occurred, there were some new toys invented accidently. Today, toys are varied in color, shape, size, materials, and even model. Children have many options to choose the type of toys they like. However it is mostly parent who decide the toys especially for baby, infants, toddlers, etc. Some parents also have their own ‘toys’ which they kept for themselves.
Benefits of Toys for Children
Toys and children are always related since they are considered as a part of learning and growing up. As mentioned that there are many benefits of using toys as play companion aside from entertainment. Using toys can help children to discover their identity, to explore relationship, to build their body’s strength, and to practice their skills they need when they become adult. The cultures of toys are somewhat a little bit different from one country to another. It is usually influenced by their beliefs and social value. Generally in cultural societies, toys are used as medium to enhance cognitive, linguistic, and social learning of a child.
Meanwhile, in some cultures toys are utilized to enhance a skillset of a child within traditional boundaries specifically of their future roles in the community. For example, in some countries, children are given toys to enact scene hunting or herding. Thus, the children will be able to perform the real scene in the future when they are needed in the community. Thus, toys are also considered as a preparation for development. Through this type of learning, children can imagine and create their own personal interpretation about their view of the adult world.
Choosing the right toys for children
As mentioned that toys are many and varied in size, color, and model. That is why it is parent’s responsibility to choose the right toys for them. Choosing the toys can be quite overwhelming especially for new parent. However, there are things to consider when it comes to choosing toys such as age, gender, material. It is highly recommended to choose toys based on the age of the child for the sake of they stage of development and safety. Parents can also choose toys based on gender appropriate. For girls, dolls are the most chosen one while robots are mostly chosen by boys. It is also important to choose toys based on materials since some of them are not recommended for child use.
Educational toys for children are commonly used by parents to encourage children to learn from an early age. Every child would love toys. When invited to a toy store, children usually immediately choose toys that attract their attention.
There are various types of toys for children, but children’s educational toys are good things to choose from. Not only makes children happy, but these toys can also increase their skills.
Educational toys can entertain as well as help children learn social, emotional skills, and stimulate brain development. Therefore, it is important for parents to choose toys that are beneficial for their children so that they can have a positive impact on children’s development.
Educational Toys for Children can be Given to a Baby
Playing in the first year of life is a form of exploration for babies. Babies will use their five senses to learn the new world around them that attracts attention. When playing with a toy, the baby will put it in the mouth, dropping, shaking, or banging while babbling.
You can also invite the baby to interact to help him learn about language and communicate. Giving baby educational toys can encourage babies to find new skills. One of the educational toys for babies is rotary rattles.
These toys are usually placed on the crib and are above the baby’s head. When sleeping on your back, babies can see it spinning with color. This toy can stimulate vision and focus the baby’s attention.
However, do not use this rotating ringer very often because it makes the baby over-stimulated so that it causes fatigue. In addition, toys with striking sounds and colors can also stimulate the baby’s brain.
Providing Toys to Improve Toddler Problem Solving
Toddlers already have an awareness of the function of objects. He can stack blocks, babble on toy phones, or put a doll on a bed. Toddlers also begin to be able to distinguish colors and shapes by liking bright, colorful toys.
Educational toys for children that you can give to toddlers are more diverse because their brain abilities are also growing. One of the most common educational toys given to toddlers is donut rings.
Usually, this toy is circular with a hole in the middle like a donut with a variety of striking colors that attract children’s attention. Donut rings also have a variety of different sizes. That way, children can learn about size and color with these media.
Apart from donut ring toys, there are also shape-matching toys. This plastic toy consists of various shapes, such as stars, beams, spheres, and others to be inserted in holes in a box according to its shape. This toy can encourage hand and eye coordination, and toddler skills in problem-solving.
Cooking toys, doctor equipment, or drinking tea with dolls can also help children understand what adults are doing. In addition, this can also help the toddler’s social and emotional development by expressing the role he plays.
Parents naturally want children to grow up to be smart and strong. Therefore, educational toys can be an option to support their intelligence. With a wide selection of educational toys for children, you can easily get to support children’s growth.
With the diverse toys in the market, parents should know car toys benefits for their children. While playing, children can learn various skills that will be useful for life as they grow older. For example, playing while picking up small objects on the floor will train the child’s fine motor movements.
It turns out that car toys have many benefits for the development of your child. As we know, children learn about their world by imitating the adults around them and through playing.
That is why children’s development sessions use a lot of time to play as an observation tool, because playing is more fun for children than having to fill the paperwork. Some of the benefits of playing cars can be felt by children.
One of Car Toys Benefits is that Children Learn to Move Actively
Playing cars requires children to move more actively. He must push the car in various directions as a mock act of a real four-wheeled vehicle. He can also learn to recognize the type of car based on its color. For example, white for ambulances and red or orange for fire trucks.
If the toy car is a type of car that can move with engine power, the child will definitely be curious and chase the car to catch it. This activity can train gross motor movements and fine motor skills of children.
There are types of toy cars that are very small, some are big enough to be ridden. If you choose a toy car that is large enough, the child will at once learn the concept of balance. When moving from one place to another, the child must maintain a balance of the body so as not to fall.
However, keep in mind that this type of toy is only safe for children of certain ages who are able to stand up and move well. Even so, you still have to watch when your child plays with this type of toy car.
Train Your Children’s Memory and Creativity
One of car toys benefits is that children can recognize various types of cars and their functions. For example, there are police cars, ambulances, fire engines, trucks, sedans, buses, and so on. This will increase the child’s knowledge indirectly.
He can also learn to recognize the type of car based on its color. For example, white for ambulances and red or orange for fire trucks. Children who can recognize color well are an early sign that there is no problem with their vision.
So, children do not need to be asked to memorize, only to be assisted with props such as children’s toy cars. After playing for a long time, even children will easily be able to remember the type of car, color, and poker uang asli function.
Usually, toy cars consist of several pieces that can be rearranged like a puzzle. This will certainly cause great curiosity in children. Not surprisingly, he will try to open it to find out the contents in it. No need to be angry, parents can actually encourage children to re-assemble the toy car itself.
In addition to practicing fine motor skills, children will also learn to face challenges. Car toys cannot only be played by boys. Even girls can play cars. Car toys benefits can be obtained by all children so parents do not need to worry.
Of course, every country in the world has traditional toys for children that have been passed down from generation to generation. Unfortunately, some of these traditional games must be gradually eliminated when the gadget era has penetrated in every line of life.
In this digital age, children prefer to play games through their gadgets or computers. In fact, not a few parents who prefer to give them gadgets to play compared to traditional toys. Because they are considered more modern.
Putting aside the problems of the technological era and the many games via gadgets like this. Do you know if some traditional Indonesian original games also exist in other countries? Although the name is different, in a way the game is more or less the same. Well, here are some traditional toys in Indonesia that can be found in other countries.
Congklak as One of Traditional Toys for Children, Originally from Middle East
Surely not a few of you have ever heard of a traditional toy called Congklak. This toy is presumed to be brought by the Arabian traders who came to Asian region hundred years ago. Many experts assumed that Congklak may actually be the oldest board game ever.
In various regions, this game has different names. In Sumatra, congklak is known as congkak, while in Java, it is known as congklak, or dakon. While in Lampung, this game has the name of a slow boom and in Sulawesi, it is known by the names Makaotan, Nogarata, and Aggalacang.
This traditional toys for children is also known in the Middle East by the name of Mancala. How to play it almost the same as in the country, using a hollow board filled with some seeds as the medium.
Each player must take and move each seed he takes from one cavity to another cavity in sequence. The difference is as basic as in Indonesia, the Mancala boards are slightly larger and the seeds are also made of special ingredients.
Hakan Tuncer, Known as Marbles in Indonesia
Marbles, small balls made of clay, marble, or glass, are known by various names. Played in almost all of Indonesia, some call it gundu (Jakarta), setin or keneker (Java), kaleci (Sundanese), acres (Palembang), guli (Malay region), and kleker (Banjar).
It is said that long before arriving in the archipelago. This traditional toys for children was said to have been played in the Ancient Roman Age. The childhood record of King Romulus Augustus is proof of this. A number of relief findings on the relics of that era also illustrate children playing marbles from seeds.
In Turkey, there is a known toy called Hakan Tuncer. How to play and the media is still the same as in Indonesia, namely by using marbles made of glass balls.
It’s just that, in Indonesia the players draw a circle as the boundary to put marbles. In Turkey not using a circle, but a triangle. The players must try to get the opponent’s marbles out of the triangle’s boundary line.
Even in the digital age, teaching children to play using traditional toys can hone their creativity and social skills. Traditional toys for children can be used by parents as a means of training their sensitivity to their surroundings.
Playing Lego for creativity helps children learning while playing. The world of children is never far from toys. Among the many types of toys available, parents must be very clever in choosing for their children. In this case, a lot of educational toys chosen by parents because it can be a learning tool for your child.
Educational toys can be able to practice dexterity, creativity, and social interaction abilities. Lego is one of the brands of Danish-made games that until now has become a favorite toy and is popular with children, even adults.
But did you know that Lego is not just a fun stacking block game for children? Lego also has a myriad of benefits that can educate and develop the intelligence of children of all ages. Getting to know the benefits of playing Lego could be a good start in choosing the right toys for your children.
Playing Lego for Creativity Leads to Enhancing Problem-solving Skills
Lego comes in various colors, sizes, and shapes. When playing Lego with your child, use this opportunity to introduce children to a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. After introducing, you can also start asking whether the color of the Lego is held by the child or what color is suitable for the building foundation.
Slowly, they will begin to memorize, recognize, and distinguish the types of colors, sizes, and shapes. In addition, at the top of the Lego there are bubbles that arise which can be used as learning media for children to count.
The next benefits of playing Lego for creativity are able to increase children’s creativity and problem-solving skills. In a Lego game, children can follow instructions to make stacking blocks to be assembled according to the model or arrange freely according to their imagination.
Let the children occasionally arrange Legos according to their own imagination to practice their creativity. When assembling Lego into a building or model, often children will experience difficulties.
Well, this is one of the benefits of playing Lego for children, which is practicing problem-solving skills. Encourage your child to keep the spirit of completing the model that will be made. Don’t forget, whatever the results of the child’s Lego arrangement, give awards and suggestions so that he can practice better.
check this toy creativity tips
Providing Social Benefits to Children
Playing Lego for creativity won’t be fun if done alone. Children will need friends to play Lego. Playing Lego together with friends will have a positive impact on the development of children’s socialization in the environment.
Children will be more friendly and sociable when they make a group construction. They will practice communicating and expressing ideas. As a result, children become better prepared to socialize in the community and social environment.
The benefits of playing Lego can get your children without them knowing while playing. Children only consider Lego as a fun toy, but actually, they are also learning.
Not surprisingly, children who play Lego will experience faster intelligence development than before. Periodically along with increasing his abilities, adding Lego for creativity with more varied forms can improve children’s creative abilities.
What makes a good toy for kids depends on what the toy has to offer. Sometimes, as parents, we buy our kids some toys that we choose ourselves that tells much about us instead of our own kids. We tend to forget the needs of their developmental growth in accordance with their age.
Good toys are toys that can help kids learn new skills, learn about themselves, playing with others and to share their experiences with others and the world. In other words, kids will value others and the world when they learn three basic rules include new skills, identity and relationships. Furthermore, there are a wide variety of good toys that offer those basic rules. However, there are significant toys to choose for your kids’ development.
The list of most important toys to have at home:
- Unit Blocks— Playing blocks is a way to encourage construction learning skills, supervised or unsupervised.
- Legos— Building legos will enhance your kids’ creativity and motor skills.
- Baby Dolls— With just the classic baby doll type that kids can change the clothings, will also promote their creativity. Thus, when kids play and love their dolls, it’s a sign they are practicing how to love others. Even when their baby dolls are in different colors, they will love others who are different from them.
- Play Kitchen Stuff or Toolbox— Pretend play kitchen stuff or play toolbox, can get your kids to learn different things and get them comfortable with a lot of different things they do. It goes for both boys and girls.
- Dress-ups— Play dress-ups with your kids will also enhance creative play.
- Rubber or plastic animals— To get kids actively making their own scenes and story from stuffed animals, is a good thing. You can find plastic or rubber animals of zoo animals, dinosaur or even farm animals.
- Art stuff— Art stuffs such as playdough, crayons, glue, glitter, safety scissors, colored papers and so on are fun things for kids to do at home. Let them explore their imagination and creativity here.
- Finger painting— The idea of doing finger painting here is to get your kids to be messy once in a while. There is no harm for your kids to be messy at some point. Because that’s one way they are learning something new.
- Tools for making music and rhythms— Kids can learn about music and rhythms from using things in your house. For instance, kids can make different rhythms with kitchen pots and spoons.
- A dollhouse— Together with your kids you can play pretend and be creative by making a dollhouse together as a family. This will create a closer relationship between you and the kids and all members of the family. It’s going to be a fun family project whilst parent enjoying kiu kiu online.
To summarize, these are the most important toys you should have your kids play at home and at school. They are all good at encouraging new learning skills, fun and creativity with others or just by their own.
Kids these days are into playing games on electronic devices, even the younger ones. Rather than having them watch Youtube or play poker online games on your smartphones, let’s get them out of bad radiation and switched to electronic toys for kids. These toys can be played by children as old as 7 or even older.
There are fun and creative electronic toys for kids to enjoy and will definitely keep them away from the dangers of gadgets. These toys are made according to their ages and their developments. Thus, they are especially made to enhance the kids’ needs in their learning experience.
Furthermore, these toys are based on all advanced standards and regulations as follows:
- Safety standards of the American Academy of Pediatrics and UL Approved
- Fun learning time
- The electronic elements are added
- Age appropriate
With a little guide will help you find that right electronic toys for your little ones. The best electronic toys for kids in 2019 includes:
Ages 2 and up— WowWee Pinkfong Baby Shark dancing doll
- The WowWee Pinkfong Baby Shark dancing doll is so much fun. The musical elements have a “soft and cuddly plush”. It can dance, talk and play different songs.
Ages 3-5– LeapPad Jr. and The Design & Drill Activity Center from Educational Insights
- LeapPad Jr. is a tablet for kids ages 3-7. It is preloaded with early-learning content, including mathematics, reading, science, and also creativity, puzzles, music and logics.
- The Design & Drill Activity Center is a great tool for building imagination and creative thinking skills. Kids will definitely enjoy this building tool kit just like the grown-up ones.
Ages 7 and up— Artie 3000
The Artie 3000 is a programmable robot that can teach kids how to code. This high-tech toy fall under learning categories of STEAM- science, technology, engineering, art and math. The teaching of coding with this programmable robot will make the kids make their own drawings or learning to write words.
If you realize, younger toddlers ages under 24 months are not recommended for any electronic toys. At this age, they should be playing supervised play with their own parents. Thus, traditional toys for babies as of 6 months and older is appropriate.
Hence, besides the classic toys for kids, innovative electronic toys are also common around kids these days. Not only the building blocks, bead maze or wooden puzzles, electronic toys will not replace any developmental learning skills in kids. In fact, they will have different experiences through physical and kinetic types of play, as well as motor skills and imaginative play.
Are you having a hard time finding toys for your kids? If you have a toddler, it can be difficult in terms of finding the toys that are best for their age. At ages one to three, supervised play time with their parents or grownups is recommended. Since, every year many kids are treated in hospitals related to toy injuries.
Choking, for instance, is the number one risk injury for toddlers. They tend to put objects, especially their toys in their mouths. Make sure to find toys for toddlers that are washable, toxic free, flame resistant, as well as other current safety standards included.
Toddlers are very curious and loves playing with others. There are good toys available for them at this age that will help with the development of their brain activity. So, let’s find out the 5 top quality educational toys for toddlers.
Teach My Toddler Learning Kit
Designed with the concept of matching skills and pre-reading skills, Teach My Toddler Learning Kit has everything your toddler needs to teach them some basic learnings. The kit includes four sections of learning: the alphabet, numbers, shapes and colors.
Only for a 20 minute supervised play time each day, you can start prepping your toddler’s learning experience with this kit. Also included, there are puzzles, flashcards, posters and books. This kit will be a good bonding experience for full time parents even if they too tired after playing dadu online.
“It’s a Busload of Pigeon Books!” By Mo Willems
Mo Willems, the New York Times bestselling author is famous for his children’s books, especially the “It’s a Busload of Pigeon” books. This book set is great for holiday gifts that comes with a three picture books. The stories are great as bedtime stories to read to toddlers and even to learn reading for children ages 3-6.
Periodic Table Building Blocks
As a traditional toy, this periodic table building blocks is a great educational and creative toy for toddlers and older. Not only fun for the kids to enjoy, parents are having fun with it too. Building blocks are essential in building motor and spatial skills in younger children. They are printed with non-toxic inks and great for young children who are into science and who loves stacking up toys and blocks.
Melissa & Doug Classic Bead Maze
Another old fashioned toy, still a top quality as of today, the classic bead maze from Melissa & Doug is creatively and beautifully designed. Experts say the classic bead maze offers great tools for learning because it promotes interaction, engagement and imagination for your child’s development.
Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Set
The shape sorting set from Melissa & Doug encourages problem solving skills to quickly learn colors and shapes. It is also a set of wooden shape sorting to learn math for early children and beginners. Plus, this classic toy is prescribed for “healthy hands-on play”.
With all the above, which toys are you getting for your toddlers? These are all classic toys and books you can have fun playing together with your little ones.
Christmas is coming soon. Still, as parents, you just don’t have a clue what to give your beautiful daughters for Christmas. Every year, toy makers have lots of toys to offer and they try to keep them up to date with the trends.
Especially girly toys are a bit hard to find since they all come in different forms, shapes and colors. But, don’t you worry, from the six popular toys for girls listed below, you will find what matches your little girl’s personality. Here are the lists of the most popular girly toys this Christmas:
“L.O.L. Surprise” Dolls Collectible “Biggie Pet” Collection
Any “L.O.L. Surprise” dolls edition really will surprise all little girls dream. It comes with a bunch of “surprises” in one pack. Inside, this edition of the “Biggie Pet” doll collectible pack comes with a baby doll and the pet babies. The pet babies comes with other cool surprises, including a necklace and other accessories for the baby L.O.L. doll.
The Slime Surprise Pack— “Poopsie”
Some girls do have a favor for some slimes. This Slime Pack “Poopsie” comes with a bunch of magical slime surprises. There are around 15 or more characters to collect where all the goals is to find a hidden stuffed animal called the “Unicorn Sparkle”. The pack also comes with a collectible poop character key chain and bottle.
4-Pack Bracelet Set from “Twisty Petz Babies”
There are no cute little girls who doesn’t like to make their own bracelets. Especially when they have their friends to play with. With the Twisty Petz characters, they are able to transform the mini babies into colorful bracelets. They are also used as backpack accessories and also for necklaces.
6 Collectible Toy Cases from Shopkins— “Lil’ Secrets” (includes a pet shop, to a candy shop, and 4 Other Shops)
One of Shopkins’ featuring girly toys makes it on the top best toys for girly girls is the “Lil’ Secrets” shops collectible cases. There are 6 different collectors cases available. Each of the cases comes with a tiny Shopkin dolls.
Cool Bracelet Maker from “KumiKreator”
Another bracelet maker sets that will make a little girl happy is the bracelet maker from “KumiKreator”. It is the perfect gift for young girls age 8 or older, where they can make at least 10 friendship bracelets. The set also includes a guideline, playbook, stickers, bola 88, a case for storage, and many more.
“Happy”— the Hedgehog, from “Sequin Pets”
This sequin pet of “Happy” the Hedgehog is a fun stuffed animal for girls to be creative with their imagination. It’s a stuffed animal made of sequin material that can be created in different designs and it’s also color-changing. Reusable stickers are also included and can be customized.
Now you have a head start on 6 different gift ideas for your little girls this Christmas. These are all available now in stores or online, only this Christmas holiday. So, what are you waiting for. Hurry and buy before they run out and make your daughters feel so special this year!
There’s only one thing for the boys that they will love to have every Christmas, is toys. Top Toys for Boys at all ages. Every year, toy makers are up to date with their sales, including what’s been trending the past year, as well as new toy release.
With so many toys to choose from, you can start by knowing what your boys like or the kind of tv shows they like. Here, some of our top choices of toys for boys this season is for all boys to love. So, the ultimate toys for boys this Christmas season are:
Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit
Boys can’t get enough of playing Lego, especially the Star Wars edition. This year’s holiday season, a new edition of Lego Star Wars, the Millennium Falcon Building Kit is on release. There are 1329 pieces of Lego needed to put up the Star Wars Millennium Falcon, just enough to get them busy after Christmas. That’s not the only fun part, the kit itself contains detachable cockpit, loaded shooter, and individual mini figures.
OWI 14-in-1 Solar Robot
The OWI solar robot will be a good learning experience for boys to explore on “green technology of solar power”. It is a kit that boys would have to put together. With 14 different ways to put it together and two difficulty levels, the robot can be turned into a dog or a beetle.
NERF-N-Strike Modulus ECS-10 Blaster
Shooting guns is another favorite toys amongst boys. The Nerf-N-Strike Modulus Blaster has a “motorized blasting power”. The shooting gun itself comes with a “targeting scope, drop rail barrel, and drop grip for accurate shooting”.
Playmobil Pirate Ship
The Playmobil Pirate Ship is a high quality ship that can float on water. The ship comes with 4 figures and pirate accessories. It also comes with working cannons, working crane, and a hidden space to hide the pirate treasure.
JJRC H20 Nano Hexacopter 2.4G 4CH 6Axis Headless Mode RTF
Who says boys can’t play with drones? There is a kid’s version of drone called the Nano Hexacopter complete with a remote control. Just like a drone, this copter can fly left, right, up, down, forward, and backwards, then fly back to home base with a touch of a button. Thus, it can fly for hours outside and inside. What a great way to keep the boys busy!
Black and Decker Junior Power Tool Workshop
Another great gift idea for your little boy is the Junior Power Tool Workshop from Black and Decker. It looks like the real thing with 50 different tools and even more, plus accessories. What makes this workshop even more exciting is the added sounds and lights to make the tools even more realistic.
After reading through all 6 ultimate toys for boys this Christmas, do you have something in mind? When you do, you can find them online through amazon before they ran out of stock. With all the toys listed above, either one will rock your son’s world this year.
Toys are varied in colors, shape, design, and materials. It is not surprising to find toxic toys in the market since not all materials are safe especially for children use. Therefore, it is important to consider many things before buying toys for children. Safety is in the top priority when it comes to choosing toys. Children are still prone to infection since their immune system still developing. Besides, they have limited motoric skills to help them avoid injury from playing toys. Thus, it is parent’s responsibility to choose safe toys their children can play with.
Tips to choose safe toys
Instead of choosing popular toys, it is more recommended to choose toys with intention. Popular toys are not always safe and beneficial for children. Thus, it is better to choose toys which promote safety and educational learning such as dadu online. Here are simple tips to choose safe toys for children:
- Choose toys based on age appropriate. Toys that suit child’s age will match to the child’s abilities, skills, as well as interest level. Meanwhile, too advanced toys can cause hazard to their safety.
- Pay attention to small parts. Choosing too small toys for babies, infants, or toddlers are not recommended. Children in their age tend to put everything in their mouth. Thus, it will be dangerous to give them small toys. It is recommended o choose larger toys at least bigger than their hand.
- Safety standard is a must in every product including toys. Every country may have different standard but always make sure to choose toys that meet national safety standard. Keep in mind to always read the warning labels.
- Children especially in their early age are interested to sound. However, it is not recommended to choose the toys that make shrill or loud noise since it can be dangerous to their ear. It can cause injury especially when they play the toys for a long period of time.
- Make sure that every part of toys securely fastened such as eyes, nose, and other small parts of stuffed animals. It is to avoid the risk of choking.
- Choose toys made of long lasting materials and have no sharp edges or points. Avoid toys with electric heating or shooting elements. These types of toy have greater risk to cause injury. To keep the children safe, make sure to explain and demonstrate how to use the toys. It is also recommended to watch them play the toys.
There are many types of toys in the market that it can be overwhelming for parents to choose the right one for their children. For time to time, toys have been developed into various model and features. Toys are not only for entertainment https://agenpoker899.com/ but also for educational learning. Those are made and used to enhance children’ skill and abilities for growing up. Toys can be a medium for children to prepare their skill as adults. However, toys are varied so the first priority is safety. It is highly advisable to choose and buy safe toys because children have limit motoric skills as well as knowledge to choose the right toys for them. They have also limited capability to avoid getting injury from the toys they are playing with.
Buying toys can be challenging especially for new parent. The tendency to spoil children so that they get everything they like is still strong. However, it is recommended to follow these tips when buying toys for children:
- First, make sure to buy toys that meet the national safety standard. This will help to avoid choosing toxic toys made of dangerous materials for children. It is also highly recommended to look for the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website to find a list of dangerous toys or the one with recall alerts.
- If the children are under 12, it is not recommended to buy them hobby kits such as chemistry sets. These types of toys are made of chemical materials which can be dangerous for children to play without supervision. Even if it’s for children above 12, it is still recommended to supervise them while playing.
- Choose toys with clear instruction and suggestion. Good toys always have those as well as safety instruction. It is also recommended to read age labeling so the toys bought will be proper for children’ development and safety.
- It is important to know that there are what you call as recalled toys. These are toys which have safety issue. Recalled toys are considered unsafe due to many reasons such as lead levels, fire hazard, choking, and other dangerous problems. Make sure to check the list of recalled toys in Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website before browsing the toys to the store.
- In buying crib toys, it is important to consider the sturdiness of the object. Make sure avoid crib toys with high risk of causing entrapment, suffocation, and strangulation.
Toys are made and used as play companion for children. However, it serves many purpose which results in great benefits. Toys can help enhancing motoric and language skills of children. Besides, they also help enhancing creativity to become more blossoming which is beneficial for children to grow up. Besides, not all children can express their creativity freely. Most of them are having a hard time to do it. Thus, toys can provide children and allow them to get creativity through imagination like an adult when playing. Toys also help children to get creativity since they learn by doing. Here are toys which considered beneficial for children to enhance and develop their creativity:
- Art Toys can encourage children to build their creativity. it will be easier for children to express their creativity through artworks. Drawing tools and washable markers can be used as their toys. Other toys include magnetic drawing boards and finger paints. However, make sure to supervise children while playing art toys since they are made of chemical. Even if they are not toxic, it’s still highly recommended to accompany children playing.
- Building toys are good for building creativity. Children will be able to imagine creatively about how to build according to their liking. Blocks and Legos are recommended building toys to play for children. However, make sure to choose bigger building toys for children who still like putting everything in their mouth to avoid choking.
- Crafts kits are also great toys to play by children. This type of toys consists of kits needed to accomplish a certain craft project. This will help children building their imagination so their creativity will be enhanced. This will also help children to enhance their motoric skills since they have to move, build, remove, and rebuild the kits until they can finish the project perfectly.
- Musical toys are great learning tools for children. It is easy to find musical toys and make them yourself. There are many things at home that can be made into instruments. However, it is also great to give them real instrument to learn. The most important thing is to choose instruments made of safe materials to avoid injury. Music can stimulate brain to be more active and receptive. Thus, it will help children to be more creative. Instruments can be chosen by age. For example, plastic tambourines are for babies, a kazoo is for preschoolers, piano is for kindergarteners and up.
It is not debatable to say that toys are beneficial for children. They are not only entertainment but also medium for learning and growing up. As children growing up, they need toys which can match to their stage development as well as emerging abilities. Buying toys are not obligation since parents can make or use safe materials at home as toys. Traditional toys are made of natural resources such as wood, leaves, fruit skin, etc. but they still provide the same purpose. However, the technology keep developing and advancing from time to time http://18.104.22.168. It influences the development of toys as well. Thus, it is so easy to find high-tech toys today in the toy store.
Choosing toys by age is highly recommended to match their stage of development and abilities. Thus, choosing the type of toy will become easier as well. However, it is also important to remember that every individual develop different pace in their development. Here are tips to choose the right toys by age:
- Babies still have many limits in their abilities but this is where they are easily fascinated by colors and sounds. They like looking at faces and sensing something by putting everything in their mouth. The right toys for babies and young infants are toys that will be easily reached, sucked, shaken, and squeezed. Texture balls, rattles, vinyl can be good recommendation.
- Older babies in their early age like moving by rolling, scooting, creeping, bouncing, etc. Their abilities keep developing even they can recognize their name and common words. Recommended toys for children in this age are baby dolls, vehicle made of plastic or wood material, water toys, blocks, nesting toys, etc.
- Children in their early age especially when they reach 1 year old can walk and climb. They also start rambling many words. Recommended toys for children in this age are boar books, toy phone, dolls, stuffed toys, cardboard, puzzles, balls, plastic or wooden vehicles, safe coloring tool, etc.
- Toddlers can learn language quick as well as do physical things. They also start learning to control their body. Recommended toys are wood puzzles, blocks, non-toxic and washable crayons, picture books, large balls, etc.
- Preschoolers and kindergarteners like talking and experimenting. They have developed many skills and able to socialize. Recommended toys for them are counting bears, puzzles, transportation toys, dolls with accessories, finger-paint, play dough, tambourine, picture books, tricycle, etc.
Playing toys for children is part of growing up. It is so rare to find a child who doesn’t like playing toy since it is in their nature to get interested to toy even when they are still babies. Learning is part of growing up as well. Thus, playing toys is also considered as learning to earn many skills children need when they become adult in the future. Through toys, they learn by fun http://22.214.171.124/ . Toys are mainly for entertainment but there are educational benefits to gain. Therefore, the use of toys until today never dies. In fact, the toys keep developing in the matter of types and design. In the past, toys were made of natural resources such as branches, leaves, fruit skin, wood, etc. Today, there is wide variety of materials to make toys.
Since there are many types of toys in the market, it is parent’s responsibility to choose and buy the right one for their children. It is highly recommended to consider age, safety, and interest in choosing the right toys. Thus, children’ skills in various area can be enhanced and developed. Here are types of toys you can recognize in the market:
- Dolls – They are the oldest and most common toys since they have been existed since the 14th Century. There are many types of doll toys which mainly influenced by social and culture value. For example, American and Japanese dolls have distinct differences from their features, design, etc.
- Educational toys – These types of toy is mainly used for educational purpose while still giving entertainment for children. Toys categorized into this type are Lego, ant farm, speak and spell, etc. These toys help building motoric skills.
- Creative toys – These toys are mainly used to enhance creativity of children. This will help stimulating their sense and knowledge through many things such as color, shape, etc. Toys in this category include color-form, stickers, play-doh, spirograph, etc.
- Electronic toys – These are popular these days. However, it is highly recommended to choose the proper toy so that it will be appropriate to be played by children. Electronic toys include robot dog, digital pet, USB toy, etc.
- Physical activity toys – These toys are good to enhance motoric skills. These will also help to build other skills of children for growing up and preparing as adult. Toys in this categorize include bungee balls, jump rope, marbles, pogo stick, toy gun, laser tag, etc.
Toys and children cannot be separated since toys are part of children’ development. Toys have been used as medium for playing and learning from a long time ago. They keep changing from time to time to accommodate the needs of children and the benefits they can earn from using toys. Toys are also related to social culture. Hence, it is not surprising to see the same model of toys played for different purpose. For example, in one country, hunting toys are used for entertainment only. Meanwhile, children in another country use them as a practice or preparation to fulfill their future role in the community. Thus, toys are not simply play companion but they have greater value.
Benefits of toys to know
The main benefit of toys is for learning and growing up. There are educational benefits gained when children using toys for playing. Here are some educational benefits of toys based on age:
- Babies are already familiar to toys especially if parents introduce them immediately. There are many things to learn and experience when babies playing toys. Colors, shapes, textures, sound and even taste are interesting for babies. Thus, toys can help stimulating their senses. Colorful toys and the one that can make music are recommended for babies and infants to help building their motoric skills.
- As for toddlers, they have wider range of toys type they can play since their motoric skills can provide them to play the toys as they like. Recommended toys for toddlers are shape sorters. It will help them to learn more about shape and names. Their motoric skills will keep developing in this age and choosing the right toys will be very helpful.
- When children reach preschool age, they will need to learn more things include number, letters, etc. Their language skills are needed to be developed as well. Thus, toys can help them to develop the skills and knowledge which will be helpful for growing up to be an adult. Toys for children in this age are entertaining and fun. Besides, it will help them to socialize easily with others.
Children are in age when they need playing as a part of growing up. Playing toys looks simple but it has many benefits. They can learn many things through playing. Besides, playing toys can be a great bonding time with parents. Having fun, making education more enjoyable and socializing can be gained by choosing the right toys.